[Breaking News] Malaysian to Australia Work and Holiday visa will open 2019.07.01
Acorrding to Australia Embassy in Malaysia website: Source
The next round quota for Australia work and holiday visa will open on 2019.07.01, and the first round will release around 250 quotas.
And also, they have raised the applicants limited from 100 to 1100.
Australia Work and Holiday Visa(Subclass 462) will allow visa holders to stay in Australia for a year, and if you meet specific requirements: work for specific jobs in regional places for 88 days, then you can apply for a second year work and holiday visa.
And from 2019.07.01, if you meet the requirement (work for specific jobs in regional places for 88 days) during the second year work and holiday visa stay, you can also apply for an third year work and holiday visa.
So in general, this visa will allow you to stay in Australia for up to 3 years.
While New Zealand working holiday visa only allow malaysian to stay in New Zealand for 6 months, maximum 9 months.
At the same time, from 2019.07.01, Australia has raised their base pay rate to $19AUD/Hour.
So in general, Australia Work and Holiday visa is much better than New Zealand Working Holiday visa.
However, the requirement for Australia Work and Holiday Visa is also a bit higher than New Zealand one.
So the base requirement is that:
- Hold Malaysian Passport
- between 18-31 years old
- hold a degree, or have successfully completed at least two (2) years of undergraduate university study.
These 3 conditions are must. Especially the second one.
Then you will still need an Functional English Test Result, like PTE, TOEFL, IELTS. If taught in English, you may be able to waive this requirement, you can contact us for further confirmation.
Also, you will need a Malaysian Certificate of Good Conduct, which has been issued no more than 12 months ago. This one is not a requirement, you just need to apply as early as possible.
If you meet the first 3 requirements, then other things are all easy piece.
Details about the degree part
Which means your degree must be at least level 8 in Australia qualification Framework: Australia Qualification Framework
The process to apply for this visa is a bit complex.
- You get an appintment letter from VFS: VFS site. The letter will include the information about when you should submit the materials.
- (This is the hardest step for the whole process, as there are a lot of applicants, every time when it opens, it will be empty within mintues.
- Also then open date is dynamic, so if you want to keep updated, leave your email and phone number here, we will monitor it and kee you updated).
- Link to keep you updated: Keep Update
- Then you submit the materials in the date shown on the appointment letter.
- After that you go for the health check(501+502, which means X-ray check)
- Then wait for the visa grant, if you meet the requirements, and you have all the materials there, then you should be able to be granted the visa within 2 weeks.
- After you get the visa, you should enter Australia within a year, from the date you enter Australia, you can stay in Australia for up to 12 months, mulitple entry.
- If you meet specific requirements, you can apply for second year and third year work and holiday visa.
- Passport Certified copy
- CGP(Certificate of Good Conduct): How to grab CGP
- English Test Result (Or do not need it if you are wavied)
- Application Form 1208: 1208 Application Form Download
- Proof of your bachelor degree study, like certified copy of your graduate certificate and so on
- Application Fee 450 AUD, which is 1395 MYR (Paid in VFS centre when you submit the materials, cash prefered)
We have developed a free tool to increase your possibilty to get the appointment letter. Check this link: Super X, free automatical tool
We provide the service to get the appointment letter for you, no miss.
Our contact email: whvstore, line: whvstore, wechat: whvstore
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.